Thursday 19 February 2015

Contents Page Layout

 My contents page (work in progress)                        My flat plan

 Contents page I used for inspiration 
My flat plan differs from my contents page as I changed the shots taken as on the left hand side with the largest rectangle I decided to instead of having my model chilling on a bench I felt that shot I took of the boots worked better in the space. I also changed the shots of every single flat plan as when I went to my location I tested out different poses and felt that the ones I chose worked better than the poses I had on my flat plan, I used the masthead 'FRESH' as a logo on my contents page which was shown on my flat plan. I also kept the contents page masthead that I initially had on my flat plan as I felt it related well with the name of my magazine. I also decided to add a shot of Raine Love and her current boyfriend as an exclusive for my double page spread. I also made the decision to add text content that involved fashion,hip-hop comebacks,love I felt the content I included is what interests my target audience. However I kept the same layout that was on my flat plan as I liked the intricacy yet clear style. I also used the Red,black and white colour scheme shown on my flat plan and also from my research. I used the XXL magazine contents page for my research and inspiration as I felt it would show my genre of music well. Also this layout is unconventional comparing to other contents pages that use a column on the left hand side. I liked the originality of the contents page and felt that because my magazine is called 'FRESH' it shows a different layout and approach to contents pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment